Ha! Trust me! I have mulled this over a great deal, and I have come to the conclusion that:
- Life is way too short to not find a mate who is as compatible as mine is
- I will embrace every moment with him. We are both in our 50’s and got a late start. We depend on each other, emotionally, yes. But, isn’t that what real love is?
- I have spent my entire life acting independently and finding my own activities, hobbies and interests to distract me from abusive relationships or relationships where I couldn’t trust my partner. I will embrace this one and be happy with every moment I have with him.
- I have had cancer three times in my life and know that life is fragile. Being in love to the point where I want him around me all the time is because of the way I see life. I take nothing for granted. If I find someone worth spending my time with, I will take every single opportunity. I have never had anyone love me unconditionally before, and now that I do, I will appreciate every single drop of it. It is not co-dependency. It is pure love, partnership and a new life for both of us.
- I enjoy his presence and he enjoys mine. It is not co-dependency. It is simply sharing moments together in our new found love and life together. Being able to miss someone is new and raw for me, and I will embrace it.