40 Things That Crawl Under My Skin
The 40 THINGS I LOVE challenge has been spreading like wild fire over Medium lately.
Yesterday, a writer on here, Sandra Ebejer (you should check out her work) took a different fork in the challenge road, and listed 40 things that drive her crazy.
I was one of the lucky ones to be tagged by her, and I accepted her challenge (of course). I mean who doesn’t want to vent about things that make us mental. Right?
So, without further ado, here we go:
My 40 pet peeves, in no particular order:
- The sound of people chewing in my ear. I cannot express how annoyed this makes me. The only thing worse that that is the smell of the contents in the chewer’s mouth.
- Riding shotgun with a road-rager. No, driver, not EVERYONE is an idiot. driving up on their bumper and flashing your lights doesn’t help, and neither does flipping other drivers off, or glaring at them as you speed by. You are not a professional driver and you are now speeding! Awesome.
- Being Overwhelmed with work, and having more piled on. If I tell you I am juggling too much, and have too many priorities on my plate, DON’T give me more!
- The Smell of Dirty Clothes. Huge pet peeve if towels smell like they have sat in the dryer, damp for too long, or in the washer. Ugh. I am anal about smelling fresh.
- Static Cling I have super fine hair and if my clothing or environment has static cling, my hair flies everywhere. I also hate shocking people, or getting shocked by static on your socks
- Overweight people (Or ANY people) commenting on other people’s weight. Nothing burns my ass more than hearing people talk about some else’s weight or appearances behind their back. Everyone has a story in their life, and not one single person is perfect. Shut up.
- The Smell of Weed. Marijuana is now legal in our province and the smell of skunk is EVERYWHERE- outside malls, clubs, restaurants. Yuk!
- Kraft Dinner- It smells like baby vomit
- People who pressure sell for MLM schemes- If you are successful, I am happy as heck for you. Just don’t push me to “join a tier”-been there, done it and burned the products that I was stuck with.
- Sitting in the house with the TV blaring- I like quiet, and the TV is ALWAYS on when my guy is home. He can’t sit in quiet
- Being cold- It’s -35 Celsius here today and I have yet to go outside. NOPE
- Snake oils and Miracle Cures for EVERYTHING- I am an avid review reader, and I always check out negative reviews before getting suckered into making purchases to “Lose weight now” or “ Become younger looking tomorrow”. There is always a catch and most of these products are crap.
- People who text and drive- Stop it!
- People who drink alcohol and become a mean version of themselves- Nothing like thinking you KNOW someone, until they drink and become assholes
- People who don’t treasure their children- Pay attention and love them. Put down your phone and be present. When they turn into shitty adults with high anxiety it’s on you- They are only young for a short while. Embrace every moment,
- The color of lavender- that light purple shade reminds me of my Grandmonster
- Hard Alcohol- Only wine or beer, on occasion, for me. (Maybe the odd Caesar or Bloody Mary)
- Tom Cruise- It’s not his fault
The Untold Story of Why I Hate Tom Cruise’s Face
>>Disclaimer>> this is not an attack on the celebrity Tom Cruise. This is my own story.
19. People who throw others under the bus- If it happens on my watch, I lose all respect. I am a fan of accountability and honesty.
20. Crowds of people- I have too much anxiety for the sounds and smells
21. Judgmental people — No one knows other people’s stories. Unless you have walked in another human’s shoes, you have NO idea what they are about.
22. Dentists- Sorry if any of you are in the field. I hate the tastes, sensations, smells- everything.
23. Mosquitoes- They love me, and they leave huge, itchy welts on me.
24. Passive aggressiveness.- Say what you mean, and mean what you say. Don’t just tell others how you feel with the intent of making it come back to whoever you are angry with.
25. Conflict- I usually feel my face turn bright red and I want to run away.
26. Laundry- Love clean clothes, hate washing/drying/folding it. Blah!
27. Being bitched at- Kindness matters people! Respect matters! Be kind!
28. Bullies- Nothing chaps my hide more than someone who demeans others or toys with their weakness. People who bully others need to get help. Usually they are full of their own insecurities.
29. Anything that is “Off” in the fridge- I am a Gagger. If I see a soggy cucumber, or smell sour milk, I will either gag or actually vomit.
30. People with no sense of humor- I have inappropriate humor at times (like saying “that’s what she said” during huge work meetings). But, if you want to be my friend, you need to be able to laugh at ridiculous things, at me, and at yourself. I love to laugh.
31. A million spam emails every damn day- I click the Unsubscribe, yet they still find their way into my inbox.
32. When people get mad at me for not answering my phone- I don’t use my phone for “calls” much. I am busy, and I work all over the place. If I don’t answer, it’s because I am busy, or I don’t want to talk to you. Stop calling.
33. Moody people- What is it? Are you happy? Sad? Pissed off? What?
34. Litter Boxes- The main reason I don’t have a cat. I GAG all the time.
35. Tags in clothing- Ughhh! Especially the ones you can’t just cut out. They make me scratch my skin raw.
36. Whining at me for sex- If I am not in the mood, it won’t be any good anyhow, so leave me alone.
37. People talking at me while I am on the phone- I just changed rooms 3 times to avoid you- take a hint.
38. People who have no compassion- I am probably way too compassionate, but there are people who could care less about other people’s feelings. Fix yo’self.
39. Feeling confidant and excited about a piece of writing and being rejected- Ouch. That sucks.
40. Mean human beings- You always get more butterflies with sugar, than you do acid. Be NICE! Put yourself in other people’s positions and BE KIND. No one likes a mean big mouth. You don’t look tough or heroic when you tear a strip off someone for silly mistakes. You look like an ass.
- ** Bonus- CLOWNS- Seriously, what the hell is up with those creepy ass faces? Good Grief! They scare the bejeezuz out of me!
Phew!….That was pretty easy, and therapeutic. It’s always fun to read about lovely things, but sometimes, it is a relief to know that other people dislike the same things you do, or the differences they have. It’s always fun to learn about fellow writers.
I am going to tag a few people: George J. Ziogas Michelle Monet Zulie Rane Robin Klammer Hank Eng Jewel Eliese Shannon Ashley Frank McKinley Violet Escalera Elle Fredine Luke Rowley Greg Prince Nicole Akers
Let’s see your pet peeves!! Fire away!
You will feel so much better after!
Thanks for reading ❤